Предмет Английский язык
Тема: Контрольная работа №1 и 2
1. Измените форму мн. ч. на форму ед. ч.
1. The books are on the table.
2. The stars are in the sky.
3. Are the men in the classroom
4. Are there trains in the station
5. There are some books on the table.
6. Those are mountains.
7. Those are stars.
8. These are queens.
9. They are kings.
2. Найдите антонимы к следующим словам:
3. Назовите 7 цветов, подберите к каждому цвету соответствующее существительное.
4. Вставьте who или what:
1. is in the car
2. is on the chair
3. is in the egg-cup
4. is on the table
5. is in the bed
6. is on the wall
7. is in the sky
8. is in the class-room
5. Замените на мужской род:
2. The girl
3. The woman -
4. The mother –
5. The girl is on the mountain –
6. The woman is in the car –
7. The girl is on the picture –
8. This is a queen-
9. These are women –
10. Those are queens –
6. Вставьте he, she, it, they:
1. is a father.
2. is a husband.
3. is a king.
4. is a woman.
5. is a picture.
6. are in the classroom.
7. is on the table.
8. is a waiter. .
9. are students.
10. is a queen.
11. is a son.
12. is daughter.
13. are daughters.
14. are people.
15. is a thing.
16. is a dollar.
17. is a football.
7. Ответьте на данные вопросы утвердительно (Yes). Используйте местоимения he, she, it, they:
1. Is this a pencil
2. Is that a window
3. Is the teacher in the classroom
4. Are the boys in the classroom
5. Is the girl a daughter
6. Is the boy a son
7. Are the women in the train
8. Are men and women people
8. Дайте отрицательные ответы (No). Используйте местоимения he, she, it, they:
1. Is this a tree
2.Are these trees
3. Is the boy in the airplane
4. Is the train in the station
5. Are the men in the car
6. Are the flowers on the table
7. Is the window open
8. Is the boy near the door
9. Поставьте предложения в вопросительную форму:
10. Перевод текста
It is very nice in spring. The sky is often blue. The sun shines brightly in the sky. It is warm. It sometimes rains, but the rain is warm and pleasant.
Spring is a hard time for collective farmers and the workers of state farms. There is a lot of work to do in the fields. Sometimes people are busy from morning till night.
We have some holidays in spring. They are: the Women´s Day on the 8th of March, the First of May and Victory Day on the 9th of May.
Summer is as nice as spring. The sun shines brightly. It is warm and sometimes hot. The days are longer than in spring. The longest day of the year is the 22nd of June.
Summer is a pleasant season. There is a lot of fruit and vegetables at that time. Some people like summer best of all.
After summer autumn comes. The days are shorter than in summer. The weather is not so pleasant as in spring and in summer.
It often rains. The rain is cold and not pleasant at all Autumn is the season of fruit and vegetables. It is the hardest time for collective farmers and workers of state farms. They should work hard in the fields. Pupils always help collective farmers with fruit and vegetables in autumn.
November is the coldest month in autumn. It sometimes rains and it often snows.
On the 7th and 8th of November we have a holiday. People do not work on those days in our country.
Winter is the coldest season in the year. Sometimes the weather is pleasant. It often snows. Some people like when it snows. There is a lot of snow on the ground. The snow is clean and white. The ground is all white with snow. It is pleasant to walk when it is not very cold and it snows.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА 2.
1. Замените настоящее время прошедшим:
1. It is a nice day.
2. I am staying at the hotel for three weeks.
3. Richard is my friend
4. She is coming to London to see her father.
5. We are in the classroom.
6. You are the students of my class.
7. My hotel in Scotland is very nice.
8. I have a big dog.
9. He has some cigarettes on the table.
10. Lucille has a new car.
11 .What times is the lesson.
12.1 can´t sleep because I am cold.
2. Напишите краткие формы.
1. I was not.
2. I had not.
3. I could not.
4. I am not.
5. I have not.
6. They cannot.
7. We were not.
8. They could not.
9. They had not.
10. We could not.
3. Вычеркните неправильную форму местоимения.
4. Вставьте пропущенные предлоги: in, on, for, to.
1. The head of the government was a visit Italy
some days ago.
2. Comrade Ivanov visited France September.
3. Petrov has already left Kiev Yalta.
4. The delegation has just arrived .London.
5. He stays Volkovo every summer.
6. Some representatives of African countries paid a visit the President of the country.
5. Read the texts and translate them using a dictionary.
More about London
London is the capital of England, the capital of Great Britain, and the capital of the United Kingdom. It is the largest town in Europe and one of the oldest towns in the world. The old Celts gave it its name, the Romans made it the center of their new colony, the Germanic invaders tried to burn and to destroy it, the victorious Normans made it the capital of the country.
The central part of London is full of historical remains. Nearly every building, every bridge, every street, palace, house, and stone—each of them has its own story, its own past. In London past and present are so mixed together that they cannot easily be separated and when you are in London you see the past in the present and the present in the past.
The oldest part of London is called the City. In the City the streets and pavements are very narrow and the traffic is very heavy on week-days. That is because the most important London firms and banks have offices there. But at week-ends the City is almost dead.
The most fashionable and the most expensive part to live in is the West End. It is situated between the City and Hyde Park. The City and the West End are the heart of London; they are the parts which everybody who comes to London must see and wants to see, because they are more interesting than any other part of London. All the most interesting buildings, shops and offices - are situated here.
The Tower of London, the Bank of England, the Mansion House where the Lord Mayor lives, the Law Courts, and many interesting old churches are situated in the City. The Houses of Parliament with Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the National Gallery and many theatres and good shops are in the West End.
London has many bridges over the Thames, more than twenty, but the most interesting of them ail is the Tower Bridge situated near the Tower of London.
The Tower of London is an old castle, with high walls, high towers, small windows and large gardens. Once it was a royal residence, a strong fortress and a state prison. Here many important people, among them two wives of Henry VIII, were imprisoned and beheaded.
London is the most important industrial center in Britain.
The big clock on the tower of the Palace of Westminster in London is often called Big Ben. But Big Ben is really the bell of the clock. It is the biggest clock bell in Britain. It weighs 13.5 tons.
The clock tower is 318 feet high. You have to go up 374 steps to reach the top. So the clock looks small from the pavement below the tower.
But its face is 23 feet wide. The minute-hand is 14 feet long. Its weight is equal to that of two bags of coal. The hour-hand is 9 feet long.
The clock bell