Предмет Английский язык
Тема: Вариант 2 РГТЭУ
Контрольное задание №2 Вариант В
/. Измените данные ниже предложения. Предложения переведите письменно:
Образец: A lot of newspapers are sold at news agent´s. A lot of newspapers were sold at news agent´s. A lot of newspapers will be sold at news agent´s.
1. A new curriculum is offered by the Ministry of Education.
2. Money is changed at banks.
3. The date for the next appointment is fixed by our secretary.
//. Определите в идо-временную форму глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения:
Образец: All the data has already been collected. -
Все данные уже были собраны. Has been collected - The Present Perfect Tense, Passive Voice.
1. Our catalogues are being printed now.
2. The compressors for those machines have just been made by our plant.
3. Our business in the Middle East is greatly being influenced by the inflation.
4. The contract was being discussed when we joined the partners of our firm.
5. When much had been done in the study of ecology by our institute it became an important scientific centre.
6. After the letter had been finished, it was sent by fax.
7. The package has already been delivered by the carrier.
///• Раскройте скобки, употребляя модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты в соответствующем времени и переведите предложения:
1. -I know, you(to have) to stay in the office late tomorrow. Why
-I (to have) to stay late in the office tomorrow to look through the contract.
2. - When (to be) Mr. Blake to come to our office, Jane
- He (to be) to come 10 minutes ago, but he hasn´t come yet.
3. He (to be) to contract Blake and Co. yesterday.
4. Our plant (to be able to) to increase the output of consumer goods next year.
5. These computers (to have) to perform millions of operations per second in the nearest future.
IV. Переведите следующие предложения, обращая внимание на специфику перевода Participle II:
1. We were impressed by the technical knowledge shown by your specialists in Moscow,
2. Here is a letter addressed to you.
3. Some questions touched upon in the report are worth careful consideration.
4. Information sent over the Internet takes the shortest path available from one computer to another.
5. They will provide the parts at the prices quoted in their latest offer.
V. Прочитайте и постарайтесь понять следующий текст. Переведите письменно:
Selling and Marketing - What´s the difference
Many people insist that the only thing that matters in marketing is the ´sharp end´ by which they mean personal selling. They fail to understand the difference between selling and all the other aspects of marketing. Selling is just one aspect of communication with customers. To say that it is the only thing that matters ignores the importance of product management, pricing, distribution and other forms of communication in achieving profitable sales. Selling is one part of the process in which the transaction is clinched. It is the culmination of the marketing process and will succeed only if all the elements of the marketing mix have been properly managed. You need to:
• find out what customers want
• develop products that satisfy these wants, at a price
consistent with the benefits offered
• distribute to your target market
• communicate effectively with selected customers.
The better you do this, the better you will succeed in negotiating contracts through the personal selling process.
Only good marketing can sell a product or service to a customer and lead him or her to buy again from the same company. Half-truths or exaggerated claims may persuade customers to buy a product or use a service once, but if the product does not live up to expectations no further sales will follow. Organizations seldom profit from single purchases made by future dissatisfied customers. Normally, they rely on repeat business. Inevitably some who buy once will not buy again, but the selling effort of the well-organized marketing function will keep the number of dissatisfied customers down.
VI. Ответьте письменно на вопросы по тексту:
1. What is selling
2. What marketing can sell a product or service to a customer
VII. Найдите в тексте предложении с причастием II и укажите его функции:
Oбразец: The progress achieved by our country in industry is great. -Прогресс, достигнутый пашей страной в промышленности. велик. Achieved - Participle II, определение.
Количество страниц 7 Дата последнего изменения 04.06.2008